One of my favorite things to do during Black History month is to dive deep into a phenomenal read by a black author or about someone who made major contributions to our history. Today I’m sharing some of my favorites along with a few that I haven’t gotten to just yet, but definitely plan to!
I highly encourage you to pick a book, or two or three…and get to reading to celebrate Black History this month.
1. A Promised Land by Barack Obama
2. Becoming by Michelle Obama
3. Phenomenal woman by Maya Angelou
4. Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
5. The Autobiography of Malcolm X by Alex Haley
6. My Bondage and my freedom by Frederick Douglas
7. Just As I Am by cicely Tyson
8. Through My Eyes by Ruby Bridges
9. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
10. I know Why The Caged Bird Sings By Maya Angelou
11. The Meaning of Freedom by Angela Davis